Sunday, April 5, 2015

My Testimony In Christ

 (A Painting of Christ with Children by Simon Dewey.  This sits on my keyboard.)

 I have a testimony in Christ.  He is my Savior and my Redeemer.  My Lord.  My God.  I believe and know that he was born of Mary over two Millennia past, in Bethlehem, and is the only begotten Son of our Father in Heaven.

He was a man without blemish, full of charity and love.  Jesus Christ healed the sick and the weary, helped blind men see, raised the dead, walked on water, and performed many miracles.  If all that wasn't enough, our Savior Jesus Christ was a great teacher, giving us beautiful parables and lessons, wisdom to lead us to him and to help us become more like him.

I know he suffered for my sins, for everyone's sins, so that we can become perfect in Christ.  Without him I am a being of great sin, with so many weaknesses and heartaches, but though him I am healed, able to return to our beautiful heavenly home.

Christ has given me the greatest gift, one in which I can never repay.  He knows this, and loves me still.  And so I give him the only gift I own: My agency.  Though imperfect, I strive everyday to follow Gods commandments and to serve him.  And even though I fail and make mistakes, it's through his atonement that I am forgiven.

Christ died so we can change.


And even though he died for our sins, passing from mortality to immortality, Christ lives.

 As the first verse in the hymn by Samuel Medley reads:

"I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead.
He lives, my ever-living Head.
He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need."

Christ lives, our dear Redeemer lives.  And he loves us and is cognizant of us.  He's cognizant of me.  Watching over me.  Guiding me.  Answering my prayers.  And even though there are mortal trials and pains I must pass through, making me stronger, he is with me.

Happy Easter.

Today is so much more then bunnies and hard boiled eggs.

Let's never forgot that Christ lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment