Monday, July 21, 2014

Learning to Cook at Melanie's; My First Cooking Class


I've always wanted to take a cooking class.  It's been on my bucket list.

The opportunity came with Sunsational Gourmet Melanie's, which is located in Pleasant Grove. The cooking school is upstairs, and down below is a shop that sells British goods and a British bakery:

587 W. State Street, Suite A-1, for those who want to check it out.  (It's next to a Dance Studio).

801-785-0400



 We took two classes, the first week being an Italian theme, and the second week French in theme.  Both weeks we arrived with all the ingredients we needed at our station, complete with an apron to wear.

We never had to do dishes once as we prepared each meal, which was awesome.  Melanie was there taking each item that needed to be cleaned and then giving it back to us.


Chef Scott has a lot of experience in the culinary world, and he's an excellent instructor.  I learned so much each time I went.


 The recipes.



 Cooking the Chicken Cordon Bleu.

I was intimidated when I found out I was cooking this, but it was really easy!


 And it's the best Chicken Cordon Bleu I've ever eaten. Pretty awesome since I made it, and can cook it again.


 Italian Wedding Soup.  So easy and affordable to make at home.


 Beet Salad.  This was so, so good!


 The brochure.

The classes are $65 dollars a person, and for a class there needs to be 6 people in attendance.  Classes must be scheduled 2 weeks in advance.

That may seem like a lot of money, but you definitely get your moneys worth.  Chef Scott and Melanie work very hard, and they go out of their way to get the best ingredients.


No comments:

Post a Comment