Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My Motivation Board


I finished my motivation board last night.

I've been meaning to make a visualization board for a while now, haven't yet but will soon at some point, because I realized a motivational board is more important.

I got the idea when I was going through SELF magazine last night and cut out two quotes: "Confidence Makes You Sexy (Your Hair Doesn't Hurt Either)" and "I Regret That Workout - Said No One, Ever."

They were so cute!  And I relate to both.  I need a little more confidence.  I wish I could say I'm 100% sure of myself; That I have no doubts or insecurities; That I'm completely comfortable with my body.  I'm not. At all.  But it's a change I'm working on.

It's hard not being hard on myself for not being at a desired point "K" or "T" or "Z", somewhere further down the road then where I currently stand.  As hard as that is, life comes at us one day at a  time for a reason.  I'll get to my desired point eventually.  It's okay that it's not tomorrow.  Life is meant to be lived.  None of us is perfect.

So this is my focus: Finding confidence in the here and now.  Trying to not let past mistakes and missed opportunities get me down.

A couple other sayings I wrote on the board are things I've chanted to myself from time to time.

"Time waits for no one."  I got that from the anime "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time," which is excellent by the way.  Amazing animation, story, and music.  The complete package with a good message.

"No sweet tastes as good as a skinny body feels."  I heard this during Ward Prayer once.  It's true, but I'll forever love chocolate.  (EDIT.  I just realized the saying is: Nothing tastes as sweet as a skinny body feels."  Gotta correct my board.)

And "I accept myself completely - Right Now."  I got this from the Food Matters documentary "Hungry For Change."  It's a phrase I'm chanting to myself everyday now.  The brain can be reprogrammed.

One day at a time.

Time waits for no one.

Life is meant to be lived.

This is only the beginning :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment