Saturday, September 28, 2013

The New H&M Store at the Orem University Mall


Last Thursday was the grand opening of the new H&M store at the University Mall in Orem UT.  It's a pretty big deal here, and my brothers and I thought we'd check it out.  (I think my brother Robbie was more excited then I was . . . he actually bought clothes.)

There was a promise that the first 100 in line would get a gift, and people started lining up 6:00pm the night before.  I never saw what they got, but I heard notebooks were involved and one lucky person got a $300 gift card.

I mainly stayed on the outside of the mall, waiting in the line that enters the store there, but I thought I'd quickly check out what was going on inside.  There was a lot of noise, shouting, and dancing, sound echoing the walls.  It was amusing for a bit, until I fled outside where the Autumn air was cool, and everyone more subdued.


They handed these wristlets out to those of us in line, and the texture was really weird.  The clothe felt like a diaper, so I won't be using it.  Maybe I'll put some emergency stuff in it for my 72 hour pack. 

When the store opened I did head inside, and after peaking my nose around a little, and pausing frequently for large crowds to pass, I left to join my Mom elsewhere, who didn't want to bother with the crowd, and bought some things at the Disney store.  I thought it would be fun to head over to Archiver's and look at scrapbook stuff . . . and thanks to a sale I bought a few cute things, which will go into Christmas presents.  (I'm making scrapbooks, which I better get started on soon because it's really time consuming, but rewarding.)

No comments:

Post a Comment