Thursday, September 26, 2013

Salt Lake City Parade of Homes 2013


I'm obsessed with HGTV.   Obsessed!  So I was thrilled when my Sister-in-law Krista invited me to the Parade of Homes in Salt Lake City.  I've heard of it, but never checked it out, even here in Utah Valley where it's closer.  Essentially a bunch of model homes and private residences are staged and opened to the public.  It's like an in person HGTV experience.  Lot's of fun!  A little overwhelming.  We went to the Salt Lake Valley 4-5 separate nights to do this, but it was so much fun.

These homes are shown in no particular order, and some got a little mixed up.









It was after seeing this basketball court when I dropped my cell phone, watching it fall to the concrete ground right outside the garage.  So, so stupid.  Those stupid booties.





I love these picture frames.  This would be a fun craft project!


And I would love to make this, too!  Pieces of amethyst inside a shadow box.  It shouldn't be too hard.




The roof to this mansion was pretty fun.  Layers of wood to give the appearance of shingles.  Really cool idea.





 





It was nice seeing a modern home amongst the more traditional.








This home super overwhelmed me.  Though nice, it was a bit too much.








This bathroom was ridiculous!  Look at the size of the shower!  The shower and bathtub both behind glass.


Dream pantry.




There was a falcon on top of this roof.  Krista pointed this out to me, and I didn't think it was real!  Then I saw him move his head, and I was convinced.  Crazy.




Gotta live the fake food.


And lastly, who in their right mind would want a bathroom positioned in the front of the house for everyone to see, right next to the front porch!?  That was just weird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment