Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Most Touching Commercial I've Ever Seen


The things you find on Facebook!  Bits of treasure amongst a sea of junk, and yesterday I found a piece of treasure on my friend Dara's wall.

It's a commercial, a brilliant 3 minute commercial that's more touching and expertly crafted then anything I've seen in the movie theater these last few months, and I cried more then those tear-jerking Hallmark commercials.

It's from TrueMove, who is quoted as saying they "believe in the power of giving without expecting a return."  This is a sentiment I've felt since High School.  There was a community service club I wanted to join back then, but the first meeting was the only meeting I attended.  It wasn't about the service projects.  The main thing the adviser was promoting was this Huge ski trip the club would be going on, and the only way you could attend was by going to all the service projects, earning points, seeking donations, and so forth.  I was appalled and disgusted.  So I never returned and joined another service club that actually did service with no promise of anything in return.

I love the message found in this commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment