Thursday, May 2, 2013

National Association of Broadcasting 2013


 Last month was the National Association of Broadcasting.  It was my third time attending, the first time was fifteen years ago when I was fifteen.  (Technically you're supposed to be sixteen or older to be in attendance, and I felt quite rebellious through the whole of it.  That year the big thing was flat screen T.V.'s, which are now common place, but back in 1998 I was marveled by them).  One of the fun parts about the NAB is seeing new technologies and innovations, the next wave of film and production. 


 This year 4k, super high resolution digital film, was everywhere.  I watched the Canon Theater which showed clips in HD, 2k, and 4k, and the picture quality was
absolutely beautiful.


Another big thing for my family was the Adobe booth.  Usually we go and hang out and just watch presentations all day.  The last time I went to the NAB I did just that, not even venturing into the other buildings or sections.  This year the set up seemed even bigger then its ever been, always drawing a lot of people.  They were really pushing the cloud system, which of course we got.  I'm finally going to learn
 Photoshop and After Effects!




This booth shown above was my favorite!  I really want one of those DJI Phantom camera helicopters.  They had drawings at the end of each day, and I didn't win one, but I did get a shirt.  Actually, overall, I totally made out free goody wise at the NAB this year: tons of pens, a few shirts, a metal bottle, etc.  And we got some great programs to help improve Talea Studios and Cerulean Jade :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment