Friday, May 3, 2013

Caesars Palace Las Vegas


 Caesars Palace is a childhood staple of mine along with Circus Circus, Excalibur, and the Mirage.  Back in the day I remember collecting those gambling cups, the ones that hold coins.  I had over 20 different kinds at one point.  A very easy thing to collect because they were everywhere, and they were free.  Just one aspect of Las Vegas that's changed.  But there are somethings that haven't changed, and Caesars Palace still holds some of that old charm.





The large, impressive mall inside Caesars Palace.  I think the new H&M used to be the FAO Schwarz toy store.




When I was a kid I used to stare at the ceilings and wonder if the clouds were painted or projected, waiting to see if they ever moved.  They never did.


The above is an animatronic show that used to play hourly.  It was a huge deal when this was first built!  And this fountain was always crowded with tourist waiting for the next show.  The show was impressive, and I was marveled.  Now it looks old and sad.  Do they still run the shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment