Thursday, May 16, 2013

Biking Along the Information Highway


I biked along the Murdock Canal Trail for the first time today.  My brothers have been raving about it, having biked along the nicely paved path a couple times in the last two weeks.  I had never heard of the biking trail before, and as I was biking along today I couldn't believe I hadn't done this sooner.  The trail is amazing!  It's set up for walking, running, biking, and riding horses.  So beautiful and relaxing.  And there's rest stops, picnic stops, and drinking fountains along the way.

Anyway, as I went along the path today I noticed these orange polls, and that it mentioned Fiber Optic Cable running under the path.  I don't know what they're used for, but there's been a lot of talk around here about high speed internet via fiber optic cables.  So, as I biked, I was literally biking along the information highway!  At least the thought gave me a giggle.

Any who, when I got home I looked up the Murdock Trail, because I wanted to see how long its been around  Turns out the trail is so new it hasn't officially opened yet!  There were a lot of people going along it, though. No signs were posted stating the trail was closed, though according to the website they don't want anyone on it just yet.

The official opening is this Saturday, May 18, 2013!  The Murdock Canal Trail Website has a list of all the events going on, and there are so many!  It looks like the first of many ribbon cuttings is at the Orem 800 N point, and the celebrations, passport stations, more ribbon cuttings, etc, continue onward up through Lehi, at different times so you can go along the trail and enjoy each one.  All I know is what's on the site.  There doesn't seem to be more information then that.

Kinda cool to discover the trail right when it's been finished!  I think biking has just become my Summer addiction.   


No comments:

Post a Comment