Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Two Quarreling Knights, an Original Poem

(wikimedia.org)

Two Quarreling Knights

"The Maiden is mine!"  A White Knight's decree
He patted the sword by his side
His smirk was apparent
His stature quite gallant
The maiden was no where to be

The Black Knight detest, "No, Sir, I protest!
You can't take my true love from me
She's fairer then night
My lifes one delight
To my heart her love is the key"

The first Knight did laugh, "For when was your chance
to know her the way she knows me?
You've never stood guard
You don't know her heart
There's more then you ever can see"

For days they did banter and bicker
Comparing their marits and strife's
They jostled and teased
relentlessly
Forgetting all measures of time

And lo, far up in her tower
The maiden, a princess to be
Escaped from the palace
Away from the malace
To meet her Green Knight by the tree

~Sarah Stufflebeam

I wrote this yesterday for Valentines day.  Hope you enjoyed :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment