Tuesday, January 3, 2012

101 goals in 1001 days, and the 1st day of my 365 Day Photo Challenge

(Day 1 of the 365 day challenge)

Day 1 in my 365 Day Photo challenge. This year I didn't create a list of New year Resolutions, instead, a few months ago, I put together a list of 101 goals I plan to accomplish in the next 1001 days. As of today I have 887 days left with 10 goals completed, but since first starting the list I kept rearranging and changing goals. Today I decided to sit down and finalize the 101 goals, knowing that from here on out there would be no more changing a goal to some new obsession or some silly new task.

I went to www.dayzeroproject.com and started browsing other peoples goals to get ideas, and found out about the 365 day photo challenge, where, for the next year, I'll take a picture everyday of whatever fits my fancy. It sounds really fun, and it will be awesome sitting down a year from now and go through all the shots, reminiscing.

The picture at the top is of my most favorite craft store which is closing next week, a few months after Borders, my most favorite book store, closed. Seems like an awful, sad trend. I picked up a bunch of scrapbook paper. It's really quite depressing walking through the store, seeing how its grown so empty.

Here is the final 101 goals I'm working on! I have till the middle of June 2014 to finish them all. I underlined the goals I've finished.

1 Read the standard works in one year
2 Do a ropes course
3 Don't eat fast food for a month.
4 Achieve a 2nd High Achievement Institute certificate
5 Download a RiffTrax track (I downloaded Avatar: The Last Airbender. I was hoping the track would improve the sad, catastrophic mess of a movie. It did, slightly. It's still a sad, catastrophic mess of a movie. Let's pretend it never happened.)
6 Cook something from one of my cooking magazines
7 Attend a cooking class
8 Learn how to crochet
9 Attend an exercise class everyday for a week
10 Once a month for a year send a postcard to myself about something fun I did
11 Sell something on Etsy
12 Visit the Timpanogos Cave
13 Visit the Kennecott Copper mine
14 Earn a Ham Radio license
15 Get a passport
16 Run in a 5k
17 Attend my first yoga class
18 Get out of debt
19 Do a Maze
20 Write my personal history
21 Put together a family history book with stories
22 Have one or less treat a day for three months
23 Make a scrapbook
24 Don't weigh myself for 1 month
25 Scan and organize old family photos
26 Digitize VHS family videos
27 Interview my grandparents and type out transcript
28 Complete a 365 day photo challenge
29 Get an original music video online
30 Do a Japanese version of an original song
31 Have an original Star Wars marathon
32 Attend a dance class
33 Visit another country
34 Visit Mesa Verde
35 Get a graphic novel started online
36 Get through all 60 lessons on Spanishdict.com
37 Finish the beginning/Intermediate Living Language Japanese series
38 Finish the beginning/Intermediate Living Language French series
39 Go down the Provo River (My brother and I checked out the Halloween Provo River Cruise back in October. It was fun, cheesy, and a whole lot colder then the wonderful, warm, strange weather we've had these last couple days.)
40 Go to a midnight premier showing of a movie
41 Make a music playlist for exercising 
42 Learn Iris Folding
43 Go to the Quarry (indoor rock climbing)
44 Visit a hot spring
45 Buy flowers for myself for no reason
46 Have a board game night (The new credit card version of Monopoly is so much more fun, and faster then the original. 'Nuff said.)
47 Meditate daily for 30 days
48 Go to a local Farmers Market
49 Learn to play the guitar
50 Learn to draw
51 Get and stay organized for a month
52 Read 100 books
53 Learn to play 50 Hymns
54 Learn to play 10 final fantasy piano pieces
55 Make a wire art necklace
56 Paint a piece of art
57 Keep a food diary for three months
58 Learn 500 Japanese kanji
59 See the tulips at Thanksgiving Point
60 Complete a cross-stitch project
61 Don't log into facebook for a whole week! (It was hard, but I did it!!)
62 Ride the Heber Valley Railroad
63 Write in my journal everyday for 3 months
64 Take a hymn that isn’t copyrighted and do a choral arrangement
65 Watch the sunrise on New Year’s Day (I did this a couple days ago, having heard that it's a Japanese tradition. There is something wonderfully symbolic in it.)
66 Learn to compose 8-bit music
67 Learn to edit videos
68 Read 200 short stories
69 Learn all the Japanese kana
70 Buy a new swimsuit
71 Eat at 10 new restaurants
72 Read on the beach (I did this a couple months ago on the Ventura beach. Amazing.)
73 Go to the Opera
74 Go to a local theater production
75 Build a snowman family
76 Get down to my goal weight
77 Clean out my email inbox
78 Learn the Star Constellations
79 Attend a Comedy Sportz performance
80 Read Petite Nicholas in French and understand it
81 Visit a new State
82 Publish an ebook
83 Compose a complete musical fireside
84 Receive postcards from 20 different countries through Postcrossing
85 Visit Yellowstone
86 Learn to bake 5 different types of cookies
87 Memorize a favorite poem
88 Attend a cultural festival
89 Enter a writing contest
90 During the Spring/Summer ride a skii lift and go on a hike
91 Listen to 20 Academy Award winning or nominated soundtracks
92 Finish a nanowrimo novel (I did it! Ha!)
93 Go out dancing
94 Make a wish at 11:11 a.m. on November 11, 2011 (How often are we going to live through a date like this? Never again. I wanted to pause and relish the moment . . . and make a secret wish in the process. It's got to be luckier then wishing on a star, right?)
95 Make something I see on Pinterest
96 Read a Japanese manga back-to-front and understand it
97 Make a visual goal collage
98 Play a new board game (See #46. Okay, technically it's a new version of a classic . . . so I'm kind of stretching this one . . . I'll rethink it. I can always use an excuse to buy more games.)
99 Watch every Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis episode
100 Create a stop-motion short
101 Write a letter to myself to open at the end of the 1001 days

Always,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment