Tuesday, January 10, 2012

365 Day Photo challenge: Days 4-8

 (Day 4 of the 365 day photo challenge 01-06-2012)

This photo was taken at Jordan Commons, a movie theater, and anyone who knows me knows how much I love all things Japanese, skip the sushi, especially if it's cute.  The top Japanese line reads "rirakkuma" which means "relaxing bear."  And the bit under that translates to "gently relaxing everyday."  (Steven translated; I'm still learning).       

   
It costs $2 to play, and Steven actually had a go with it, though he ultimately failed.  We spent a good few minutes debating if it was even possible to win one, which we decided it wasn't.  All the stuffed bears were squished together in just the right way to make it impossible to retrieve any, and we weren't going to spend $10 to see if one can be dislodged, only to spend another $2 to then "try" and get it.  I'm probably being too fair in assuming it would only take $12.  It's impossible to play any game of this sort and remain relaxed in the process, unless you're a ninja, which I'm not.


  (Day 5 of the 365 day photo challenge 01-07-2012)

 I was out on a morning stroll when I took this.  It had snowed the night before, and the ground was dusted in the most wonderful way.  Plus, regardless of the snow, it was warm enough that I didn't need a jacket and could get away with a hoodie.  As I came to the park the most startling, loud, musical sound greeted me.  It seemed like there were hundreds of robin birds, flying about, chattering up a storm.

     (Day 6 of the 365 day photo challenge 01-08-2012)

This is a reprint edition of the 1830's Book of Mormon.  It was sold back in 2007, and just like the first, this edition was limited to only 5000, and was printed, pressed, and bound exactly the same way.  I got this when I graduated from BYU that same year from the bookstore as a momento.  Several times I tried reading through this copy, once getting lost in Alma only to start again, and then switching to a recent edition.  Several months ago I sat down determined to read this edition cover to cover.  Last Sunday I finally finished it.

I highly recommend any Later Day Saint to read an 1830's edition, where it's read without verses and columns.  It's a wonderful experience.  On top of the book rests a small bundle of Lavender I picked at the end of Summer and hung to dry.

(Day 7 of the 365 day photo challenge 01-09-2012)

Another tree photo!  No, this wasn't intentional.  My Mom found this book all about Vinegar at Barnes and Nobles the other day, and she decided that having Apple Cider Vinegar everyday would be greatly beneficial.  So after a bought of studying with myself poring over internet health pages, we hopped in the car to go to the Health store.  But before that I noticed how absolutely exquisite the moon looked and had to capture it.   

(Day 8 of the 365 day photo challenge 01-10-2012)
 
Yes, this was taken this morning, and yes, the Christmas Tree is still up.  I think one of the hardest things about Christmas ending is taking down the tree.  The lights are soothing.  But there is a point when it gets pathetic, so today the tree finally comes down!  And in less then 11 months it goes up again, just before the schedualed end of the World, because we all believe the Mayans.  (Though I personally believe they just got tired of writing out their calender, and realized 2012 was a great place to stop.  Try writing to a trillion; you'd have to be super engaged at the task to not get bored.)

Always,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment