Friday, September 23, 2022

Last Moments at Disneyland for a Long Time


Exactly a week ago I was at Disneyland, waiting to watch the Tiki Room show.  Such a cute little show, all animatronic with classic Sherman songs. It was the last attraction I visited before heading down Main Street USA for a little shopping and heading out of the park, catching that last view of the castle.

The Dream Key annual pass I've been enjoying for about a year expires in a few days, and my Mom and I decided not to renew.  We've been spoiled this year, and I've been to Disneyland so many times that it's a little embarrassing to admit.  Six trips in all, visiting during all the seasons and weather. All the decorations and special shows. Sometimes a break is needed so the magic remains for something so loved.

Too much of a good thing can be too much, and I want the enchantment to remain strong.  That and the fact that Disneyland is so stinkin' expensive! The extra discounts on food and merchandise, plus free parking, helped with the inflation, but overall those trips add up.

All during last week I just took everything in, as if it could be my last. Saying goodbye to each little thing I love. Okay, I plan on visiting Disneyland again in the future!!  Just don't know when, and life is unpredictable, especially these days.

It's been announced that Magic Happens, the parade that started just before the shutdowns in 2020, is coming back Spring 2023. The Disney Parks YouTube page put up a video of the parade, and I watched that thing on loop during the pandemic. The music is so good!!!! Like, I'm listening to it right now and it's just so happy.

"I don't want the public to see the world they live in while they're in the Park. I want them to feel they're in another world." ~ Walt Disney

This quote is everything, and going to the parks this last year exemplified an escape from this world, healing from the shutdowns, revisiting loves from my childhood, and discovering new favorites.

 
I discovered that watching the fireworks from Galaxy's Edge is awesome! Loud, but really cool.

But there's so much I love about Disneyland. So much. It's everything. And I'm already missing it. Gah! Watching Disneyland YT videos isn't helping. :P

Hopefully it won't be terribly long until my next visit, but then it could easily be a year or two, or more. I'm thankful for all these trips. I'm thankful for all the magic. :0)

Sarah
 
P.S. Remember, "You don't need wings to take flight. Magic don't stop at midnight... " ~ Magic Happens


No comments:

Post a Comment