Friday, September 9, 2022

Trying a Japanese Raindrop Cake

Several months ago my Dad got my Mom and I a combined birthday gift: A year getting Bokksu boxes. A Japanese snack box.  We share them, and a lot of snacks come in pairs so they're easy to split. Our first box was the April Sakura box, which was so much fun. And each box that has followed have had a variety of really nice snacks, both sweet and savory.  

When starting I thought the sweet snacks would go first, but it's been the savory snacks! The black sesame snacks are so good, as are miso snacks. Suddenly my mind is forgetting flavor terminologies! The fishy snacks haven't been so good, apart from those Osaka octopus snacks which are delicious.

The latest box has a Raindrop Mochi Cake. According to the description these snacks have become very popular.  Honestly, I hadn't a clue what to expect.

The mochi cake really does look like a raindrop!! Looking like water.

The mochi jelly was sweet. And when putting on the soybean powder or the syrup the taste... I haven't a clue how to describe it. Sweetly soyish. There's a reason I'm not a food commentator. Eating this snack was fun. I liked picking it up with a fork and making it jiggle. The taste wasn't one of my favorites, but it was still really nice trying such a unique snack.

Have a great day!! :D

Sarah

(Japan, I miss you!)


No comments:

Post a Comment