Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Keep On Trying... The Try Debate Continues... :P

Trying is important.  Yoda got it wrong!  I know, I know, the little wise man is cool and all, did amazing things in that fictional world of his, but he did get some things wrong... some things... (Actually, it's been forever since I've watched the prequel trilogy). :\ 

"Try and keep on trying until that which seems difficult becomes possible -- And that which seems only possible becomes habit and a real part of you."
 ~ Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "The Love of God"

And then Elder Holland said this...

(Found this meme online somewhere, so not my creation)

But "We get credit for trying" is quoted in "Tomorrow the Lord Will Do Wonders Among You". I linked the video because it's so good, and I don't know how anyone can listen, or watch, Elder Holland and not feel comforted and loved.  So if you're feeling a little down, this talk might help. 

This sentiment has been on my mind lately, as I flounder and meander.  Not at all progressing the way I feel I should.  It's funny how things we need to hear or feel pop up just when we need it.  And today I needed it.  Today I needed the reminder.  And then I discovered this workout health guy talking about Atomic Habits.  And dang I needed that too.  The Youtuber is Mark Lewis, and there's a Part 1 and a Part 2.  I've only seen a few of his videos and they seem good.

I have terrible habits!  Oh, I've got dreams and goals for days, but that's all they are.  Dreams and goals.  Not reality.  Not physical.  Good wishes and hopes stuck in my head.  Until I get good habits sorted out, developed, and daily, I simply won't attain my goals.  

And a little while back I watched a HealthyGamerGG video "Why You Can't Turn You Creativity into ANYTHING." This is also a good watch.

I'm just so good at the all or nothing game, followed by burn out and then nothing. I'm facing all this wrong.  Slow and steady, built on a solid foundation, wins the race... or simply achieves the dream. 

A lot of things to think about.  Right now I think my key is analyzing my morning and evening routines and fixing them. The start and end of a day. Beginning and end. It seems one feeds into the other, and my routines definitely needs work.

Hope you're having a great week!
 
The heater went out a couple days ago, and it's 62 degrees in the house currently.  Fun times.  The repair guy came over and the part has been ordered.  Strangely I was super cold earlier, freezing last night, but right now I'm not feeling it.  That's good.  I'll take it!! 

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment