Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Being Smarter than the Child's Lock

Oh, goodness, when I went to Japan with my sibs Michael and Krista back in 2015 my Mom babysat the kiddos.  They were young and got into everything, so nearly everything got child locks.  This child lock has remained in place since then, not released.  What is it guarding?  Piano/Vocal sheet music.  I haven't practiced in... I can't remember honestly.  Total mental block.  There's sheet music next to the piano I haven't touched as well.  I've been buying sheet music, just haven't been able to bring myself to the piano to practice.
 
That's changing.  I need to play again, face the silly thing in my brain that's stopping me.  I need to play and feel music again.  Step one is organizing what I have, and I can't do that until I unlock this baby.
 
Problem is, I'm not smarter than the lock.  I've tried opening it in the past, but wasn't successful.  So I found another way... (Yeah, I could have consulted YouTube, but what fun is that?)
 

I realized that doorknobs twist off.


And the lock was removed.  Still don't know how it works.

And now to organize and play again.  I'm afraid to find old music that I use to play so well, but may now find difficult.  Is playing the piano like riding a bike?  Well, one way or another, I can't keep holding myself back.

Sarah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment