Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Iron Chef, LEGO's, and Games

I finally downloaded Pluto TV.  Late to the party!!  Known about it for awhile, but I didn't know it was free.  The service works like you're watching live TV, with commercials, and there's some stuff on demand.  And oh my goodness, I'm having so much fun with the streams!  There's so much.

One of the channels is nothing but classic Iron Chef, which brings back so many memories.  Another channel is nothing but Stargate, which is such a great show with interesting spinoffs. There's a history channel that actually shows history shows and not reality stuff.  Music video channels.  A bunch of Spanish stuff.  A nature scenes channel that's so relaxing.  Watched a little Love Boat.  And my favorites are BBC Home and BBC Food.

So the kiddos have been spending a lot of time over here due to home renovations and cleaning up black mold (sadly proving to be a huge problem), so we've been having a lot of fun.  I introduced them to Iron Chef... which didn't go as plan!  Oh, they watched one episode because they knew it was important to me.  On another day I asked my oldest niece if she wanted to see Iron Chef again, and she said it was kinda weird. :\ So we watched Escape to the Country instead.  Heh, *sigh*.

But one of the reasons they didn't want to watch more Iron Chef is because they wanted to watch more LEGO Masters, or whatever the show is called, over on Hulu.  Actually, that show is pretty fun.  Highly recommend.  We finally finished the first season, and the winning build was so epic.  We all wanted that one to win and cheered.  There's a new show called Domino Masters, which is fun as well, but the kids don't like watching the first half, so we fast forward to the topples.  The best part.

So, yeah, if you haven't checked out Pluto TV I highly recommend it.  You don't have to sign up or anything.  I showed it to Robbie the other night, and he was excited that there was a Yu-Gi-Oh Spanish channel.  

The kids know there's a second season of LEGO Masters, but we're taking a break to play games.  Played Dice Forge and taught Yukon Airways.  I was worried about the Yukon game, because it's a little complicated, but they liked it.  Though, apart of it is because we played with my Dad, and he kept making jokes, so they giggled a lot.  Honestly, that's what board gaming is all about.  Had some good conversations with two of my nieces while we played the first game.  Got to hear all about their crushes, which was amusing.  One niece launched into the probability by percentage of her chance of marrying one crush verses another.  That was precious.

Board gaming is such a fun hobby.

Sarah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment