Saturday, April 16, 2022

Disneyland Paris, 30 Years Later

I'm sitting comfortably at home as I type this on my phone, single finger as I've never learned how to properly do this. 

There's a tiny reduced box, a video live stream off of YouTube, WDW News Today. Tom is with his wife, and they've been doing live streams for the last few days at Disneyland Paris. The video is blurry, only clear in spurts, but it doesn't matter. It's bringing back memories. Right now he's in line for Pirates of the Caribbean.

When Disneyland Paris opened 30 years ago it was called Euro Disney, and I got to visit right when it opened. I was in the 5th grade, and for dance that year our studio was performing Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. My class was selected to be the dwarfs, and I was Doc due to type casting. :P So I was extra geeking out when visiting Euro Disney.

In 2016 I got to return again, only for the day. My one regret was not doing the park hopper to ride Ratatouille in the second park. Why!!?? Oh, I don't know. A momentary lack of judgment. 0_0

Anywho, I'm just laughing. Tom is one of the people I love watching for Disney news, and his subtle sly (slightly sarcastic) sense of humor is fantastic.

Fun fact! On the Pirates ride they actually take your picture during one of the drops. We bought it last time, and I haven't a clue where it ended up. Such is life. 

(He's on the ride, and it's too dark to see anything. Loving the sounds... gah. And now it's buffering.)

Visiting the Paris park when I was a kid is one of my favorite memories. I would love to return again. We were supposed to visit Tata Patou, my Mom's old friend who lives there, in June, but we've put it off. The future is so unpredictable, we plan and hope for the best, but everything's crazy. Gotta keep living and praying. (I saw the videos out of Shanghai yesterday, and they're heart wrenching horror.)

I'm clinging to the good times, remembering the sweet things in life. I'm not losing hope for the future. I'm fully aware of the World, as much as possible. I have a "live in the future" mind that likes to predict worse case scenarios.

But even so, I'm hopeful. And I think it's good to have plans and have things to look forward to. Some things work out, some things don't, but we've got to keep living.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment