Sunday, April 10, 2022

God Showing Love in Silly Ways

 
A Few months ago the most unexpected thing happened: My Mom got addicted to a K-Drama.  K stands for Korean, and they are really quite popular, though I've only seen a couple.  Hulu was offering a great deal, a dollar a month for a year, and I signed right up.

A few nights later I left the app open on the TV for my Mom and went to bed... Heh, well, I woke up around 2 am and she was watching Boys Over Flowers!!  A Korean drama that came out in 2009 based on a Japanese manga/comic.  Went back to bed, woke up at 6:30, and she was still watching it!  I told her to go to bed, which she begrudgingly agreed to do. :P

And this is the kicker... she was watching the show without English subtitles!!! Enjoying the whole thing.  Then proceeding to give me a crazy rundown of everything that had happened to that point. Really, what she was picking up without understanding the language was really quite impressive. It wasn't until episode 13 I figured out how to get the subtitles working. 

Since then my Mom has watched the show countless times, watches interviews on YouTube, listens to the music on loop (0_0), and is now working on her very first fan fiction, which she is so excited about.  This is her first writing project, and she wanted to do something fun, and for the last couple weeks she has been spending hours creating new characters, mapping everything out in note pads and sticky notes, and is about to start the actual writing.  She is just so giddy about it, and my Mom gets super cute when she's excited.

So what does all this have to do with the topic at hand?  God showing his love and all that? 

Well, my Mom has also been working on jewelry and got a booth in a store.  She got it all set up last weekend, but it wasn't until a few days ago she came running to the car all excited.  It was her booth number!  F-4.  Seems simple enough, but in the Boys Over Flowers world F-4 is a pretty big deal.  It's the name of the group of guys on the show.  F standing for flower.  Everywhere on the shows girls are like, "It's the F-4!!" *Swoon*.  

Maybe it's coincidence.  Just a chance thing.  But you know what, I want to live in a world of Miracles.  We do live in a world where miracles still happen.

I think we'd be amazed at how many miracles we truly experience, only we're so busy reasoning them away we fail to notice.  I want to notice and be thankful.  And I think my Mom's jewelry booth being F-4 is a signature from Heaven, God giving a little smile.

Here's some more pictures of the booth with my Mom, Steven and Ty, who have been working on the website and helping to get everything set up.



No comments:

Post a Comment