Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Eating Disney Magic At Home: Mickey Bars


I don't think I'm alone when it comes to missing the Disney parks.

There's a lot of unknowns to when the U.S. parks will open and what they will look like in terms of operation, until then there's a little Disney magic that can be eaten at home.  Chocolate covered Mickey Mouse bars with vanilla ice-cream.  They are so tasty.  Honestly, the ice-cream is really creamy.

I just realized something... bear with me.  When the lock-downs began last March my Mom managed to buy a box.  It said that it was a 90th Anniversary, limited edition.  I didn't even know Mickey Bars were available for home purchase (so, honestly, I haven't a clue how long they've been in grocery stores).  The above pictured box is from WinCo, the bottom from Walmart, both of which don't mention 90th anniversary or limited edition. [Edit: I was wrong, looking at this blog post again.  The WinCo box clearly has the 90th anniversary on it, whereas Walmart does not, so maybe they will stick around?  Limited Edition isn't printed on the Walmart box.]  Are these going to be a regularly available item?  I sure hope so.  Honestly don't know.

Individually the bars are $2.50 for a single and $6.48 for a box of 6.

If you're missing the Disney parks and love Mickey Bars it's worth checking out the freezer section of your grocery store to see if they have them.  Everything's been a little crazy due to so many things, so hopefully they're available, and hopefully they stick around.  These are my new favorite ice-cream snack.

(Apparently these have been out for over a year!!  I'm so late to the party!  Better late than never, right? :P )


No comments:

Post a Comment