Monday, May 4, 2020

Childhood Remembered: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Edition


Seeing this Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade style game console at Walmart the other day was like stepping back in time.  I've seen these short arcade games for Pac-Man and the like, but never thought there would be one for TMNT.

This was my favorite arcade game growing up.  There was either one at the Pizza Hut or Round Table Pizza way back when in Porterville, back when pizza places had tiny arcade rooms.  (Are there any pizza places that still have arcade games?)  But still, time trip seeing this thing.  I spent so many quarters playing this game as a kid.  Heh, good times.  My fractured memory says it was Pizza Hut, though my memories at Round Table are more clear with various birthday gatherings and other whatnot's.  The pizza was so good!  We don't have a Round Table Pizza where I live, though every now and then advertisements will pop up on Facebook reminding me of good times past.

Dang I'm nostalgic.

This arcade game console, if it's called that, is priced at $400, so I didn't get it.  That would be crazy.  The price is crazy steep, but where would I put it?  Still, it was fun seeing this game and remembering all those fun times running to play games in between bites of pizza, which is very TMNT appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment