Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Under the Tilting Pisa Tower


My Mom's been on a printing photo kick.  Well, technically she always has been.  When I was in High School my parents had a side business doing wedding, etc, photography, and I spent many hours waiting in a photo lab in Visalia CA.  My Mom meticulously went through every photo making sure there weren't any dust spots and what not.

They gave up the business long ago, but my whole family still loves taking photos.  And with modern technology, and at home printing machines, my Mom loves going through her phone and printing off pictures either for her collection or to give as gifts.

A few days ago she gave me this photo of us in Pisa standing under its famous Leaning Tower.  I haven't gathered everyone's photos, so seeing this was a nice surprise.  (Honestly, I have a few trips worth of photos to gather, as I'm the family Shutterfly book maker.  So behind.  Hence how behind I am posting about trips on this blog. Heh. Oops.)  Though it's fun going through all the photos; it's like reliving the trips all over again.

My Dad took a photography class for fun at UofU last semester, so on our Italy trip he brought his fancy camera that takes 3 exposures at the same time, and then he photoshops them together.  He has some amazing photos. 

I'm suddenly thinking of all the thousands of photos I need to go through.  I'm still not finished blogging about France, 2016!  And then it's the U.K. 2017 trip.  I haven't even started organizing those.  Yeah, I'm a little behind. 

Seeing this photo re-awakens my travel bug.  Though I would love to be good at getting over jet lag.  Still a struggle, even with taking melatonin supplements.  One day I'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment