Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Know What You Need, And Seek After That


"You can never get enough of what you don't need, because what you don't need won't satisfy you." ~ Dallin H. Oaks


One of the hardest aspects of life is determining what we need verses what we want.  Wants and needs.  Seeking after wants will lead us in circles, leaving us empty.  Hollowed.  Wants aren't bad, but it's good to know the difference, and understand that what we need may not be the obvious or easiest path.  What do you need?  What wants are keeping you from this need?  Or are you good?  This is something I still battle.  Something I think about, often.

In other news, that picture above was taken last year in an herbal garden in Cambria California.  I wish I was there right there!  Want, definitely.  I just want Spring.  That's not a bad desire.  I want sunlight!  I want it to stop snowing.  I'm to the point now where I roll my eyes whenever I see white fluff, aka frozen cloud, fall from the sky.

Heh, see how I'm still battling this whole want thing. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment