Sunday, March 10, 2019

Right Once Again: Forgetting To Set Your Clocks for Daylight Savings Time


When I saw memes and posts popping up a few days ago about Daylight Savings time and "Don't Forget To Move Your Clocks Forward," I thought it was a joke.  Literally, it was way too soon to be daylight savings time!  For some reason my mind slipped back to when daylight savings was April and October, which was 2006 or so and before.  For over a century it's been March and November, but I guess I'm finally figuring that out.  Each time I'm just surprised.

Anywho, last November pretty much all clocks fell back an hour, got them all changed, except the one pictured above.  I've changed it before, but for some reason I was fearful of not securing it back on the wall, and didn't bother.  No one else in my family bothered, either, so for the last four months its been an hour ahead.  Tricky, as I had to constantly remind myself to subtract an hour.  But you know what's nice about not changing the time?  Wait long enough and it will once again be right.  Heh, though I've gotten so used to subtracting an hour, I'm going to have to get use to it being the right time.

Well, good news, March to November is eight months.  Bad news, if you decide to not change any clocks this time around, that's how long you'll have to wait until it's once again right.

No comments:

Post a Comment