Sunday, July 23, 2017

Without God


"Without God, a nation is Lost; people stumbling around In The Dark."

After seeing Valerian at the movie theater yesterday, and then chasing a butterfly (I really did, but only because my Mom was trying to get a picture), I stumbled across this sign.  Someone took the time to write it, neatly.  I know a lot of really good people don't believe in God, but even so I believe, for those of us who do believe, that we need to cling to God.  We need to stand with faith.  And because I am a woman of Faith, I do believe we have been led, as a Nation, by providence.  I'm aware of our imperfect past, that we've made mistakes, but overall this is a good Country.  A place of liberty and freedom, though that seems to be under attack.

I agree with this statement.  We need God, as a Nation, but also individually.  Though we also have the freedom not to believe, which is apart of our first amendment right.  For myself, I need God  because I truly believe there is one.  I believe in personal revelation.  That God is with us, and if we pray for guidance, in pure faith, and if it be his will, we can receive answers to our questions.  Though, when we walk by faith we must be willing to walk in the dark, our path only lit step by step.  When I go through periods when I don't feel close to God, I feel as if I'm stumbling in the dark.

“Your Heavenly Father loves you—each of you. That love never changes. It is not influenced by your appearance, by your possessions, or by the amount of money you have in your bank account. It is not changed by your talents and abilities. It is simply there. It is there for you when you are sad or happy, discouraged or hopeful. God’s love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve love. It is simply always there” ~ President Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment