Sunday, July 2, 2017

Do It Anyway

Photo by Robin Stufflebeam

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What's important is the action. You don't have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.”

~ Carrie Fisher

This quote is from one of my childhood idols.  I love classic Star Wars.

With that said, I really needed to read this quote today.  Yesterday I was talking to my youngest brother Robbie about the difference between Why people and How people.  Walt Disney is a Why.  His brother Roy is a How.  George Lucas is a Why person.  Those who come up with the great ideas vs. those who know how to execute good ideas.  My brother Robbie is a How, and he classifies my brother Steven is a Why.  And then I admitted that I'm a much better Why person then a How person, in which Robbie said, "You are a great Why person."  I think Charles Schulz is a Why and How person.

Where am I going with all this?  I need to be a better How person.  I need to find balance.  I move, get afraid, stall, sometimes slip back, and then move forward again.  Really, I just need to be better at facing my fears and doing it anyway.  Be a problem solver, think outside he box, and move.

No comments:

Post a Comment