Friday, May 5, 2017

Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point, Lehi UT


 Every year I've wanted to visit Thanksgiving Point Ashton Gardens for the Tulip Festival, which runs mid-April to early May every year, and each year I somehow don't make it.  A couple weeks ago my Brother and Sister-in-law invited my Mom and I to go with their little family to see the gardens, and we jumped at the chance.

I've been to Thanksgiving Point Gardens once before, a few years ago mid-Summer, and it was delightful.  So peaceful and calm.  A variety of different flower species with places to sit down, relax, and take it all in.

The Tulip Festival, especially on weekends, is quite a festive event.  There's booths and vendors, and a family play area with a bouncing ball house, free crafts, and large checker and chess boards.  The gardens are especially crowded this time of year, but there are still quaint little places to get lost.

We went on a Saturday, and as tomorrow is the last day of the Tulip festival, I recommend you go early morning vs. late afternoon.  We went around 10 am and left around 2pm, and bumper to bumper traffic went all the way to I-15 coming into the gardens.  That's crazy.  The parking is sizable, but not that sizable.

Thanksgiving Point Gardens are worth the visit anytime of year, but there's something special seeing tulips spread all around.
 
















Photos by Sarah and Robin Stufflebeam.

No comments:

Post a Comment