Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Suspicious Area 51


When I was a kid Area 51 was the stuff of legend.  It was a mystery.  A conspiracy.  And everyone had an opinion on it whether they loved space stuff or not.  I actually debated in my own mind if Area 51 was really some top secret base holding imprisoned space aliens.  I even have an ex-uncle-in-law who claimed to have seen a dead alien in a body bag at Area 51 while serving as a Marine.  I didn't believe him, and I couldn't tell if he was serious or not.

There were jokes and jabs about it on Science Fiction shows.  Area 51, along with Roswell, which got its own television series, were hot topics back in the late 90s, early 2000's.  Or maybe I heard a lot about it because I'm a nerd who's into really geeky things, and my friends and family like geeky things as well.

Yesterday while cleaning up the music room in preparation for cool music equipment I found this Area 51 security badge.  The music room used to be my brothers bedroom, and some of their things are still in there.  Finding this brought back memories.  All those times we wondered as kids if aliens were on Earth and around us.

Now that I'm older I don't believe in aliens in that way, at all, though I do believe there's life out there in the Universe, and that we're not alone.  But then I'm LDS, and Latter-Day-Saints believe God created Worlds without end

It's all fun.  And since my brothers don't read my blog--shame, right?--I'll bring this badge to our next Talea meeting to see who claims it.

Here's to hoping, dreaming, and believing.

No comments:

Post a Comment