Wednesday, January 25, 2017

January 2017 J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World by LootCrate subscription box review


This is the second box in the new J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World by LootCrate, featuring 5-7 exclusive and officially licensed items in each box, delivering right to your front door the magic of the Wizarding World from Harry Potter to Fantastic Beasts and everything in between.
 
The subscription is bi-monthly, coming every other month, which means the next box will be delivered in January.  The cost is $34.99 per box, plus $5 in shipping.  You can save $3 with a six month subscription and $12 with a year subscription.
 
"A Matter Of Time" is this boxes theme.
 
Before getting this box I didn't know the theme, so a "time" theme is pretty cool.  The playing around with time is the reason HP Book #3 is my favorite.  I also love all the time episodes in Star Trek TNG, but that's another subject all together. (I need a Q episode marathon . . . back on topic)
 
Time!  So, cool topic.  The theme in March is House Pride, which means Gryffindor items!  Yay.  PS, putting this out there, I would love an Ilvermorny theme box.  Just saying, that would be cool.


 Professor Snape "Always" T-Shirt

I'm mixed on this shirt.  Not sure of the design, but that being said, Snape was my favorite character until Lupin came along, and the saying on the shirt is classic.  I like the last box Ghost newspaper shirt more, but this shirt will get used.  It's interesting, maybe I'll grow to love it.  Time will tell, pardon the pun.


 Pop! Ron Figure, Yule Ball

This month there are 4 random Pop! figures you can get: Hermione in Yule Ball Dress, Ron in Yule Ball robes, Luna in school outfit, and Sirius Black.  Secretly I was hoping for Black, but I'm happy with Ron.  Honestly, I would have liked any of them.  He's going to hang out with my books.  Actually, I do really like it.


 Platform 9 3/4 Socks

Socks!  I love socks, especially fun ones.  This is going into my Highland dance bag for when classes start up again next month.

Really cool design.  Love the pattern at the top.


 Time-Turner Necklace

I'm mixed on this necklace.  In one way I like it.  There's not an actual hourglass.  It's two mirrors with a glass like dome.  The necklace does spin!  So that's cool.  It's really light.  I actually forgot that I was wearing it.


 Prophesy Pin

I like this pin, stronger design than last box.  Whoever designs these pins need to go spin sometime at Disneyland, because they're experts at awesome pins.


 Deathly Hallows Pocket Watch


 Hands down the coolest item in the box.  The watch works, and it feels sturdy.  Tip, to open press down the top.  To set the time gently pull up the twisty part of the top.  It sadly took me way too long to figure out how to set the time.  A Google search that led me to the comments section of an Harry Potter House Bioworld pocket watch on Hot Topic helped me.  Hope no one broke their watch trying to figure it out.  The design on the inside is cool, too.

I used the word "cool" in this review too much.  But it is cool.

There, said it again.


 Here's the information on the scroll sheet talking about each item.


 click on picture to enlarge.


So there you have it, this months box.  It was fun, though I like the last box better.  I can't wait for the next box!  I think EVERYONE is excited for the next box.

No comments:

Post a Comment