Sunday, October 23, 2016

Finding the Right Pace


Mosiah 4: 27 "And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order."

This is the scripture I read over and over again when I was in college, and it's a scripture I've allowed to slip from my mind!  With all the things I'm trying to do and accomplish, my goals get jumbled up in my brain, causing me to not accomplish tasks in a proper time frame, or simply not accomplish at all. 

We all have a lot of things going on in our lives.  When there are so many things to do, it's good to list them, prioritize, and plan accordingly.  "See that ALL these things are done in wisdom and order."  We can do all things, we just need to be wise about it.

And I like the last bit about "that thereby he might win the prize."  Naturally we need to be aiming for good prizes, whatever they may be.  We can aim for prizes, goals, and dreams.

At Anthropologie yesterday I bough a Productivity Planner by Intelligent Change.  I bought it because I need to be more productive and organize my life and priorities better.

When I was in school homework, tests, and essays forced me to stay on track and disciplined toward time frames, but as an entrepreneur working on developing a family business I have to set my own time frames and goal deadlines.  Independently I'm not so talented on self motivation and staying on track.  Regardless there's something nice about weaknesses.  Weakness can become strength.  Good habits can override bad habits.  What fun would life be if everything came easy?

I'm going to organize my life and projects better, and make sure I'm doing things in their proper order, not running faster than need be.

Life's a marathon, not a sprint.  Run too fast and you faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment