Friday, May 13, 2016

Those Out of the Blue Magical Moments At Disneyland


Last November, when I went on a week vacation to Disneyland, I spent every moment with someone in my family.  No time alone at all.  Rushing here, there, and everywhere.  And then on the last day we all suddenly separated.  We each had a couple hours to ourselves before joining up for Dinner.  I think none of us could agree with what we wanted to all do together or in groups.

So right at sunset I got to wander the park by myself.  Golden hour, as I call it.  So I started by It's a Small World and casually walked towards Frontierland.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, I heard music coming from the carousel that I had never heard before.  I guess I'm so familiar with the park that a change in song distracts me.  And I looked at the carousel until I realized the music wasn't per-recorded.  It sounded like a band was playing the tune from Hunchback of Notre Dame.  And then I saw them, the band riding the carousel while playing!

It was a great moment.

And then I meandered by Big Thunder Mountain, looked over the lake, and then casually walked into Critter Country, because I realized I hadn't been to Critter Country all trip, and that's some sort of crime.  Both Winnie the Pooh and Splash Mountain were down, due to electrical problems or something, but it was fun walking around and looking through the store, getting smashed pennies, and then heading towards dinner.

It's nice taking breaks to breath.
 

2 comments:

  1. I love being alone in Disneyland. I can stop and pay attention to the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. It helps you notice what you might have overlooked, which makes it all the more special.

      Delete