Sunday, May 15, 2016

Forgiving Others For Their Imperfections


"The people around us are not perfect.  People do things that annoy, disappoint, and anger.  In this mortal life it will always be that way.  Nevertheless, we must let go of our grievances.  Part of the purpose of mortality is to learn how to let go of such things.  That is the Lord's way." 

~ Elder Dieter Uchtdorf

This is something I'm still working on and struggling with.  It's a day to day process for me, but an important process, because we do need to let go of our grievances.  In the end I'm hurting myself far more than the person I'm forgiving hurt me.  And none of us are perfect, myself included, and I know I have annoyed, disappointed, and angered others in turn, and I hope those I've hurt are willing to forgive me.

(In other news, I think that cat wanted to kill me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment