Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Inside Out Pizza, Blue Apron Edition


"Congratulations San Francisco, you've ruined Pizza!"

~ Anger from Inside Out

Last night I made Parmesan & Provolone Pizza from Blue Apron.  It's the eighth meal I've made from them, on the family meal plan, and so far I'm Loving it.  My Mom and I made this pizza together, and we added the peppers, onions, and mushrooms, but the original recipe called simply for parmesan, provolone, tomato sauce made from scratch, and a whole lot of broccoli.

I never understood why broccoli was the enemy in Pixar's/Disney's Inside Out, the hit animation movie from last year, as I've always loved broccoli.  When I was a kid I pretended to be a dinosaur as I ate them; they we're trees, you see.  Mini trees.

But after last night I realized something: Broccoli, regardless of its yummy factor, doesn't belong on pizza.  Not in the slightest.  But it was a fun experiment.  And now I have a tasty recipe for tomato sauce!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment