Thursday, December 31, 2015

December 2015 POPSUGAR Must Have Box Review and Thoughts


 This has been a crazy month!  I love the Holidays, but I'm so excited for 2016, which is only a few hours away.  Crazy sauce.  I also got my box just before Christmas, so they were sent a little late this year.  Honestly, though, I'm a little lukewarm about this months Popsugar Must Have box.  My Mom got her box a couple days after I got mine, and having seen my box contents, her box sat on the counter top a few more days until she finally opened it.  Maybe this box will improve with time.

 POPSUGAR Must Have is a monthly subscription lifestyle box for gals.  The cost is $39.95 a month, free shipping, but it's cheaper when you subscribe with a 3, 6, or 12 months subscription.  On any month you can receive goodies for home, a book, fitness, snack, makeup, pampering, fashion, etc.  You never know what you're going to get, only that it will be fun and worth around $100, give or take a little.




 The information.



The spoilers leading up to us getting this box hinted at a jewelry item. It seems the last couple December boxes had a little bling, and I loved 2013's bracelet, which I converted into a gorgeous necklace, and the 2014 crystal necklace.  I'm disappointed with this 2015 bracelet.  The clasp is cheap, and it's not my style.  The three tone metal choice is interesting though, but seems like it was trying to please everyone, though if it was a solid color this bracelet would probably be even more boring.

I'll give it a try.  It's modern, and I tend to go for simple and pretty, which is probably why I'm not too stoked about this.  It does look better on, and it has a nice weight to it.  It's not worth no $65, though.



These are really cute and the small size is handy.  I never use full size lipsticks, anyway.  The colors are really nice.  This is the first time I've tried this brand and I'm impressed.  Easily my favorite item in the box.



This was one of those items where I thought, "hmmm, what do I do with this?"  I go to one of those specialty olive oil places, and I was hoping this quark top would fit one of those bottles, but it doesn't.  It has a nice weight to it, and it looks all modern fancy, but I have no use for it at all. 



I used this tape to wrap Christmas gifts with, and I didn't care to much for it.  I would have loved if the silver stars were on transparent tape.  That would have been really cute!



I'm making this tonight as my final 2015 treat!  I'm going on a 3 month no processed sugar purge (which I've done before and was successful, but fell back into bad habits, but I still allow myself wheat, beans, dairy, and potatoes/carrots, just no cupcakes, cookies, ice -cream, etc.)  So, I hope this is good!!!  I'll report tomorrow how it went.



This is a nice little box.  It's a Must Have exclusive, and it's well made.  I really like the color.  I've been thinking about retiring my jewelry tree, because it's looking like a whispering willow (side note: I always thought it was "whisping willow"!  Thank you internet.)  My only complaint is that there's no compartment/sections for organization.  But it's still a nice box that will get used.


 It's made with a soft blue leatherette and suede interior.


Tiny Prints Gift Tag Stickers, Special Extra Item

This was our special item, and nothing about it seems special.  I did use them on my gifts, because it was handy, but I wish it had color, or better yet gold embossed!  That would have been cute.

So, we'll see how next month goes.

I LOVED last month, November!!  But there's still nice items in this box.  It's natural not all items, every month, is going to work for me.  It's a surprise subscription box after all, and everyone has different likes and dislikes.  Par for the course.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment