Friday, March 20, 2015

Happy Spring Day!!


It's the first day of Spring!  Or so my Calender says.  Typically you can't trust everything you read--good to be a little skeptical--but today my Calender doesn't lie.  Today it speaks truth, and the daffodils that bloomed for the first time today in front of the house confirms this fact.  Even the trees around the street corner are in full, glorified pink fluff bloom.

It's magic.

It's warm.

And I feel really bad for the East Coast right now, who are drenched in snow.  (Can you be drenched in snow?  Maybe after it melts.)  I don't mean to write this post to brag.  Just that this weather here has been peculiar.

We've probably had only two true months of Winter.

Which makes me wonder what this Summer will be like.  I'm predicting really hot, which I don't care for, but I grew up an hour north of Bakersfield so I'm used to the heat.  Elementary P.E., outside, in the middle of July (year-round-school) was brutal.

But for now I shan't worry about that.

For how ever long this Spring lasts I shall enjoy.

And I pray the East Coast weather snow systems will realize they've over stayed their welcome.  Way overstayed.

For Now:

Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness!
~Thomas Blackburn, "An Easter Hymn"

No comments:

Post a Comment