Wednesday, March 4, 2015

17" Frozen LE Collectible Disney Store Dolls + Winnie the Pooh LE Bee Tsum Tsum Plush Set


 These are the limited edition Frozen dolls I went early to the Mall for yesterday.  They were each $119.95, which is a $20 increase from past dolls released from the Disney Store.  Anna and Elsa are 17" with a production of 5000 units each.  Kristoff is 18" with 3,500 units worldwide.

All three dolls are now Sold Out in the stores and online, but you can find them on Ebay for crazy amounts of money.

And yes, I took mine out of the box!!!  A collectors "no, no", but I've been collecting dolls since the 6th grade, and decided then, after much internal debate, that everything I collect will be taken out of the box, because I collect what I love and never plan to resale.

Dolls in boxes are sad.  Have you never watched Toy Story 2?


 What the dolls look like in the box.


 The boxes are designed so you can actually take it apart to examine the doll and then put the box back together.


this is the 3rd release of Elsa.  The previous releases were Elsa as the Snow Queen and Elsa in her coronation outfit. I would have LOVED the Snow Queen doll, but she was released before the movie came out, and only 2.500 units were available.

When I first saw stock pictures of this Elsa doll wearing an outfit from the beginning of the movie I was disappointed, and considered not getting her at all.  She is prettier in person.  My pictures don't even do her justice.  The reinstones and embroidery is gorgeous.  Her skin actually has a purple like metallic shine, which is the same type of shine used on the Tinker Bell LE dolls.


This is also the 3rd release of Anna, the first two releases had Anna wearing her coronation outfit and then her main movie outfit. This Anna is wearing the dress she wears at the end of the movie.

I love it!  I was so excited to get her, and she does not disappoint.  Once again the reinstones and embroidery is gorgeous.  It's my favorite dress of hers from the movie.  So cute.  I would totally cosplay wearing a costume modeled after this design.  That might sound silly, but I'm always looking for modest, cute Halloween costumes.  Her hair even has shiny red material to help it shine.

My only complaint is the skin.  Like Elsa it's shiny/shimmer, without the purple undertones, but it doesn't look right.  It makes it look like Anna has an oil control problem.  I want to get my blotting cloths to fix it.  Tame that t-zone!!  It's a shame.


And Kristoff!  I believe this is the first time he's been released as a LE doll.  The lute is a nice touch.  And I love the embroidery, which makes the doll feel special without going overboard.  And he has hair, unlike last years Prince Phillip who sported plastic hair, which just looked wrong.  I was really close to not getting him, but Anna needs her Kristoff.  P.S., no shiny skin!!


 Certificates of authenticity.


The other two Disney Store LE dolls I own:

Merida from Brave and Rapunzel from Tangled.


 Another item that was released new yesterday was this Winnie The Pooh tsum tsum plush set, which is $34.95 and available for a limited time.


 It has four mini tsum tsum's inside!  So cute.


Piglet, Pooh, Tiger, and Eeyore looking like bees!

My nieces are going to have fun playing with this :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment