Saturday, February 21, 2015

Spring Cleaning, all this Warmness and Neverland


 It's been abnormally warm where I live.  So warm that the tulips and daffodils have started budding up out of the ground.  It's too soon, and I'm a little worried about the local crops.  But all that aside, sweater weather has me longing for Spring, so much so that I'm starting my Spring Cleaning today.  I'm getting my surroundings all nice and fresh, and I'm going through all the notes and creative ideas I've jotted down but forgot.  Get them all nice and organized   A folder for song ideas.  Another for story ideas.  Another for my musicals.  It's going to be quite the task.  But now is as good a time as any, and I feel I'm waking up with the flowers. 

It's hard for me to think of Spring Cleaning without thinking of Peter Pan.  It's at the end of the book when Wendy decides to leave him, and Peter Pan agrees to come and get her during Spring Cleaning time.  "You won't forget me, Peter, will you, before spring cleaning time comes?"  He visits her the next year, skips a year, and then came the next.  But time means little to a child.  They don't understand the meaning between months, years, and tomorrows, so Peter doesn't come again until Wendy is all grown.

Even though I'm grown I haven't stopped thinking about Neverland.  I don't think any of us should give up on Neverland and the idea of flying.

So I'm going to Spring Clean and dream of that magical island.  I'm going to dream of mermaids, pirates, and fairies.  It keeps me young :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment