Monday, February 2, 2015

The Amazing Virgin River Gorge, I-15


 With ALL the times I've traveled along the I-15 from UT to CA in the last many years, it's easy to get bored of the scenery.  But one marvelous view I will never tire of seeing is found while driving through the Virgin River Gorge from St. George UT to Mesquite NV.  This stretch is technically in Arizona.

It's like driving through a National Park, but for free.







 This is a quick One minute video showing the trip through Virgin River Gorge, Southbound, which is my favorite direction to travel through the pass.  It's sped up, but shows how much fun it is to drive through.


 Last September there was a lot of rain fall, which caused a lot of waterfalls and flooding through Virgin River Gorge.  I passed through here a few days later, after all the waterfalls had stopped, and now I'm wishing the trip allowed the chance to see this, because it would have been amazing.  (Though there is a danger planning a trip with the hope of seeing the water swells after much rain, because the road is typically closed at such times, and then you're stuck in either St. George UT or Mesquite NV, with no way through/around.)


No comments:

Post a Comment