Friday, September 19, 2014

My Salt Lake City Comic Con Loot


You can't go to a Con without gathering a bunch of loot to take home.  And loot of the Nerdy variety is the best kind.

Of course I had to get an official pin, because I collect pins.  They're fun, cheap, and small.


 Then I got two handcrafted leather journals.  They're gorgeous!  Easily my most favorite purchase.  It was so hard picking two.


 The paper is linen, and the overall quality is top notch.


 An Evermore Park coin!  The actual park isn't completed, the first phase should be completed end of 2015, but they are sure marketing this Victorian wonder of a place, and I love the marketing.

(Insert:  If Evermore Park doesn't happen, I will be sorely disappointed.  It's going to be amazing!)

The coin was available at the their booth/display.  You had to trade for it, with the trader, as long as he didn't already have what you were willing to trade.  I traded a UVU stress ball.  I sure got the better end of the trade!  It's a cool coin.


 A Comic Con spinner coin!!

Oh this is fun.  The middle spins, and helps you decide what to do next.


 Dragon Gold!


There were 5 different coins available, but I only wanted the 4.  The 5th had a giant boar on the back.  These are authentic recreations from the Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, cast from the molds originally used for the movie.  By WETA.

Seriously, it's been one of my dreams since childhood, ever since I read the Hobbit, to own Dragons Gold.  I'm not joking.  It was fun dreaming up Smaug surrounded by gold, and I wanted some of the goods.

Childhood dream realized!! :0)

2 comments:

  1. You know, even if I bought 100 of those journals, I would probably never write in them. They are too pretty to write in, and I wouldn't want to ruin a page by having to scribble out a misspelled word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny. The guy I bought this from said, "You only waste it if you don't use it.". It's true, and there's some other journals I haven't used because I scribble misspelled words, too. I'm braking that habit with these beauties!

      Delete