Monday, September 8, 2014

An Olaf Cat!

(My brother holding Olaf at the Petco adoption center.)

I was going to write a really thoughtful blog post on why I'm not serving a mission, and what I learned in the process, but then this happened!

A Cat!  Technically a kitten, was adopted by my family and brought home.

He came pre-named Olaf.  A couple kids named him this at a shelter.  Though Olaf is young enough to be renamed, we decided to keep it because, you know, Olaf likes warm hugs, and that's adorable.

He's a Lynx Point, which is a combination of a Tabby and Siamese.  So far he's really tame and loves to be held, purring instantly, which is a good sign.  We'll see as he gets older!  I've found that the personality a cat has at an adoption place isn't always the personality they maintain, though I hope he maintains his calm nature!  That would be nice.  So far he's friendly and playful.

This will be fun :0)

(Heh, and I hope the furniture lasts . . .)

No comments:

Post a Comment