Monday, April 28, 2014

Shoes that Open Bottles


I just wanted really comfortable sandals.  That's it.  A flip-flop that supported my heel and arch for a full day at Disneyland.  So I was at Scheels trying everything they had on, and what I settled for was a sporty Reef.


I kept noticing the tag that said "Thirst Quenching Technology," but I took that as a metaphor, thinking it meant "thirst quenching comfort" or something.

But right before heading to the check out my Mom turned the shoe over and noticed the bottom: little metal things embedded in the soul of the shoe.

What in the World!!??

And then it clicked: Thirst Quenching Technology.  That girl in the picture holding a shoe in one hand and a bottle in the other.

My shoes are bottle openers!


Handy for all the times I drink Martinelli's or old fashioned root beer.

As a note: don't accidently leave two large bottles of Martinelli's in the freezer over night.  Just sayin'.  Discovered this true fact during Easter the next morning. -_-;; Shards of green glass and frozen apple goodness everywhere.

(Another note, when I realized what these shoes were for, images of college kids hanging out on the beach during Spring break came to mind.  I kinda pictured them as the target audience.)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. That might be handy if you are kidnapped too, and you can cut your ropes with it, or hold someone hostage with those shoes. :D

    ReplyDelete