Monday, April 21, 2014

Symbols of Easter


 Several weeks ago I was in the grocery store and found these pre-colored eggs.  What fun is that!!??  One of the joys of Easter is dying your fingers different colors as you create egg masterpieces.


 Then at IKEA I found this, a drink bottle labeled "Swedish Festive Drink."  Under the ingredients there's something called "HOPS FLAVOR."  I don't trust a dink with "hops flavor" when there are pictures of bunnies on the label.


Bunnies and eggs aside, we can't forget the true meaning of Easter: Remembering in reverence the atonement of Christ.

A decade ago, can't believe its been that long, I was fortunate enough to perform with the Latter-Day Celebration choir from the Orem Institute of Religion.  The second year I was in the choir we performed the program "Seven Days to Glory," which is all about the Saviors last week on Earth, leading up to the crucifixion and resurrection.

It was an incredible experience, traveling and sharing my testimony of Christ around the 2004 Easter season.  This really helped me focus on Christ in a way I never had before.  I always remember and cherish those memories now, and try to focus and ponder Christ as I did then.  Such a blessing. 

Lets never forget what makes this season so special.

Let's never forget the great gift our Savior and Redeemer has given us.


Because of Him the impossible has become possible.

1 comment:

  1. GO LDC! :D Seven Days to Glory was a pivotal event in my life, and solidified my testimony of Jesus Christ.

    P.S. Yeah, that hops drink looks suspicious.

    ReplyDelete