Friday, January 31, 2014

Tale of the Three Tankards

 

It's funny, I don't drink, yet I own three tankards.


 The first tankard I bought was when I graduated from Monache High School year 2000.  I can't remember the company, but when I was looking through the supplied catalog at class rings, I saw this tankard, and I knew I wanted one.  It just looked cool.  And it is cool, looking pretty awesome on my shelf.

 

Next came the Millennium Mickey Class of 2000 Tankard.  Due to circumstance I wasn't able to attend Grad Night at Disneyland, which would have been a lot of fun.  I'm sure they sold these tankards at the event.  My Dad found this on Ebay and got me one.  I love it.


 Did you know that some dude somewhere here in the U.S. copyrighted the phrase "Class of 2000"?  How stupid is that?  And who in their right mind allowed it?  Finding any trinket when I graduated that said "Class of 2000" was rare and hard to find.  Disney obviously bought the rights to use the phrase.


And without any further ado . . . my favorite tankard in my collection.  A BYU (Brigham Young University) Alumni Tankard.  I didn't find this until a couple years after graduation.  I was passing through the bookstore after getting some BYU Creamery Ice Cream in the Wilkinson Center, and saw this, sitting on a shelf beaming brightly at me.  I quickly picked it up, held it close, and just started giggling.  BYU doesn't even sale caffeine-free coke on campus!  And yet they sold this tankard . . . and I bought it.

2 comments: