Thursday, February 21, 2013

I Can Be Biased Over Oranges . . .


Usually I just love eating fruit, not caring where it came from or if it's organic.  But when it comes to oranges I get excited.  What's sad is I can't even eat oranges for medical reasons, but seeing a box of oranges, and smelling them, makes me a little giddy.  It's the Central California gal in me, growing up in a city known for its orange agriculture.

Now, when my family picks out a box of oranges, I like to see where the oranges were grown.  Once, several years ago, the "from" stamp read "Porterville," which is my hometown.  Eating Porterville oranges in Utah was pretty epic.  The picture above is a box of oranges from Delano California, which is between Porterville and Bakersfield.

I'm sure the oranges from Southern California and Florida are perfectly nice, but the oranges from Central California are the best.

2 comments:

  1. Oranges are my favorite fruit! We had a lemon tree, a lime tree, and several orange trees when we lived in California. Makes me sad that citrus don't grow up here in the frosty mountains... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. . . . pomegranates and avocados. Never had an avocado tree when we lived there, but I sure would love one now!

      Delete