Monday, February 11, 2013

I Get My Good Looks from my Great-Grandmother


 My Great-Grandmother, Wilma Angeline, was an incredible women.  If I could describe her in one word it would be "Love."  She had the most amazing ability to love everyone.  She was full of it, and you could see it in her eyes.  Even when she lost her memories through Alzheimer's, and she at times didn't remember me, I knew, regardless, that she loved me.  If there was one thing I could inherit from her, I would like it to be love.  Of course I'm still working on it, because forgiving others, as well as myself, is an ongoing battle, but I'm lucky to have had her in my life as an incredible example.

(With my Great-Grandmother when I was a Sophomore in High School)

I'm lucky that I take after her in other ways.  I got her smile!  In her 1928 High School yearbook, she was listed as the girl with the most beautiful smile.  She was also in the school play and loved to act; her yearbook lists her as most likely to become an actress.  She didn't become an actress, instead becoming a teacher in a single room school house, but she was always photogenic and expressive with those 
big blue eyes of hers.


She's amazing, having lost all of her inheritance during the Stock Market Crash and Great Depression; she was a farmer's wife and mother during the second world war, turning butter and doing other jobs we modernly take for granted.  She was fugal, practical, and hardworking. 


And if all those qualities weren't enough, my Great-Grandmother was also beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment