Monday, March 12, 2012

Disneyland Day!

(I took this picture, minus the one I'm in, and all that fallow)

I'm not at Disneyland now.  I wish!  But that is the point of this entry.  My family has what we call "Disneyland Days."  They're days that are so perfect we should be at Disneyland, and this was such a day.  The temperature was a cozy 61 degrees, partly cloudy, with a light breeze. 

(My brother Robbie and I)

We grew up a short 3 1/2 hour drive from Disneyland, and when I was a few years old we lived only 8 miles away.  To say the least, I've been many, many times.  It's one of the hardest things about living in Utah.  Don't get me wrong, I love Utah and all the natural beauties found here, but nothing beats being a hop, skip, and a jump from the Magic Kingdom.

 (In the line waiting for Indiana Jones)

Anyway, this last week we've been obsessing with the thought of going to Disneyland.  You know, withdrawals aren't easy, and we're Disney addicts.  My brother Steven has been particularly bad.  He's mentioned at least three times a day, minimum, "Can we go to Disneyland?"  And it doesn't help that the I-15, which connects Utah Valley and the Salt Lake Valley, happens to run by Disneyland.  Driving south on the highway, albeit for 12 hours, will lead us to our wishful destination.  It's both a nice and tortuous thought at the same time.  At dinner time we're even going as far as planning a trip around the world to visit all Disney locations: Anaheim, Florida, Paris, Hong Kong, and Japan.  Personally, I think it's a brilliant idea.  Oh, and we can't forget Disney Cruises, which I hear are amazing.

 
So compound all this and how glorious the weather was today!  We couldn't go to Disneyland, though we did get an In-N-Out burger.  Okay, there's no comparison, and my brother told me I was insulting the Happiest Place on Earth with the thought.  Well, for a moment I was able to close my eyes and dream myself in California.  Imaginations are a nice thing to have.

Hope your day was wonderful!
Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment