Tuesday, March 6, 2012

365 Day Photo challenge: Days 45-48

 (Day 45 of the 365 day photo challenge 02-16-2012)

 This quote is found on the side of the Idaho Utah Map store, which, after living here 10 years, I finally checked out!  It's amazing how many gems exist here that I've never even bothered with.  It's such a fun place!  The maps are interesting, and the lower level is nothing but toys and learning material.  Also, I love this quote.  Ralph Waldo Emerson is my 4th cousin, 10 times removed.  The only famous individual I can find any claim to.  I like to think my love of writing poetry stems from my connection to him.

  (Day 46 of the 365 day photo challenge 02-17-2012)

I was practicing my 5k training, which, on this date, I was keeping up quite well . . . currently I have slacked a little.  This was taken underneath the bleachers at a football field.  The angle is interesting, and I love the light and shadows. 

  (Day 47 of the 365 day photo challenge 02-18-2012)

 I attending this event, and it was quite enjoyable.  I'll write about it in a blog post tomorrow, my thoughts on Austenland, and how I feel about book signings in general.

 (Day 48 of the 365 day photo challenge 02-19-2012)

This is a picture of my Great-Great Grandmother's Angeline Dee's autograph book.  I was over at my Grandma's working on genealogy, and decided it was about time I photograph the pages.  Unfortunately the battery died in the middle of this endever, so I need to return and finish the job.  Here are a couple of the pages:

   (Written June 24, 1889)

 (Written June 24, 1892)

I really, really want to know the stories behind what is written on the left side of the second photo.  Whatever it was, those would have been fantastic stories.  What was the "note" that was passed around at a party?  And something about a braw??!!  If pages could unleash their secrets.  

Have a great day!
Sarah  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment