Thursday, March 22, 2012

365 Day Photo challenge: Days 50-55

(Day 50 of the 365 day photo challenge 02-21-2012)

One of the most beautiful places on the planet.  It was snowy and cold that night, but I'm glad I had a camera to take this shot.

 (Day 51 of the 365 day photo challenge 02-22-2012)

My brother got this piano score book, plus it's fallow up, in Japan.  Sadly it's the only place where you can buy it!  And that's a tragedy, because the music, based on the game Final Fantasy X and X-2, is absolutely gorgeous.  Breathtaking.  I'm working through a few peaces.  Don't be fooled into thinking the music is Mario-Brotheresque.  It's soft and serene, taking inspiration from New Age, Classical, and Jazz styles, and blending it all harmoniously.  There are companion CD's, Import only unfortunately, but you can hear some of the music here and here.  It's worth your time to take a listen.

    (Day 52 of the 365 day photo challenge 02-23-2012)

This shot is a view across Utah Lake, taken up on a hill in Pleasant Grove.  It was so hard getting a clear shot!  The slightest bump made it go blurry.  But I'm glad this one turned out.

(Day 54 of the 365 day photo challenge 02-25-2012)

This is an official full length, printed on both sides, movie poster!  I saw this with my Mom and Grandma at the dollar theater, and it was fantastic.  Both the music and the story were well done.  After the show my Mom and Grandma met with the manager, and spontaneously he brought this out and gave it to us.  Very nice, and very cool.

  (Day 55 of the 365 day photo challenge 02-26-2012)

I got this a few years ago and quickly put it on my wall, where it still hangs.  It's one of my most favorite quotes of all time.  We all go through our storms.  You can't avoid them, or run from them.  The best thing we can do is embrace life's challenges and learn from them.

I didn't put up the picture for Day 53, because that's getting its own post.

Tomorrow the Hunger Games come out!  I'm seeing it on the IMAX, and right now there's a whole bunch of pre-parties happening.  Crazy how popular this series is getting.  Tomorrow will be a great day.

Have a fantastic weekend!!
Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment