Saturday, July 23, 2022

Visiting Lagoon Amusement Park in Utah for the First Time

Way back, a long time ago, the Beach Boys sang a song called Salt Lake City, and in the lyrics they mention Lagoon, an amusement park in Farmington Utah: "There's a park near the city, yeah. All the kids dig the Lagoon now. It's full of all kinds of girls and rides and we'll be flyin' there soon now. And girl for girl they've got the cutest of the Western states. They got the sun in the summer And winter time the skiing is great, yeah. Salt Lake City we'll be coming soon."

The song is groovy, only 2 minutes, and can be heard on YouTube.

But here's the thing, I've never been to Lagoon!  Despite constantly traveling South to visit a certain Disney park over and over again, going North to visit Lagoon just never happened.  Mainly it was due to Lagoon's focus on roller-coasters, and I get motion sickness.  And Disneyland is just... I just love it so.
 
When my family decided as a whole to visit Lagoon last weekend the time had finally come to travel North for the visit.  And to be honest I wasn't too excited about it.  (I know... :\).  In my mind I chanted, "It's for the kids," over and over.  When the day was over I really had a great deal of fun!  And the kids had a blast, too.
 
The best way to describe Lagoon is if a State Fair married Knotts Berry Farm and had a baby. Various roller-coasters, a water park in the middle (extra pay), a couple of water rides, several kid rides, funnel cakes and cotton candy, and a couple of shows.
 
There's also a Pioneer Village where each store is filled with antiques feeling like a giant museum.  






The only roller-coaster I went on was Cannibal.  Wasn't going to do it as I don't like riding rides without my glasses, but Steven, Lindsay, and Robbie talked me into it! And Robbie kept my glasses in his pocket.  We did single rider and I got the front row!!!  My prescription is -6.75 in each eye with a strong astigmatism, but even so the ride was super trilling.  The smoothest roller-coast I've Ever been on, which was a surprise.  You rise up an elevator and that drop... 0_0 ... it's like there's nothing there, and then you fall down 116 degrees.  But Wow, it's great. There's several POV videos, which I watched later to see what I couldn't see. And I didn't get motion sickness!!!!!! That was a super surprise.



And then we all went on Rattlesnake Rapids. :\

And we all got properly soaked... :\ Including the little ones!!!!! :0(

 
Overall a really great day, and the rides were fun.  Super hot, but still found ways to stay cool.  There were more roller-coasters I would have liked to ride, but that's how it goes. Had a super chillax day.  No plans.  I didn't even look up the rides or watch videos before going, just went with the flow with what everyone else wanted to do. Even ran into some old friends close to closing time.

I'm really glad to have finally visited Lagoon. :0)

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment