Monday, July 25, 2022

Trying the Pineberry and Other Whatnot's


The Pineberry.  Characterized with white-ish skin and red seeds.  A strawberry with a hint of Pineapple flavor. The berries I tried were purchased in Costco a few weeks ago, coming from a farm in Florida.  In the store the pineberries smelled divine, almost like a Strawberry Shortcake doll, so a little nostalgic.  But by the time I tried them they were a little disappointing.  There wasn't much of a taste.  Honestly, I don't want to judge the fruit itself on this experience.  If I got to try a freshly ripe pineberry right from the field I'm sure it would be amazing, as is trying a strawberry fresh from the field.

 
The Pokemon card gifts turned out to be a huge success!  Learned a lot about the cards in the process of buying them.  It was fun.  I can see how they're addicting.  I did buy some for myself, and they're sitting with my bookmarks.  I got some of my favorites and also regional exclusives I achieved while traveling, in case Pokemon Go ceases to be one day.  I can be a little sentimental.  But as fun as it was, I'm good with what I got for myself, and I hope the kids enjoy the cards I got them.  They were really excited, but what happens now with them are the kids choices, even if they get destroyed by water or something.  Crazy how expensive tiny pieces of paper can be.  Crazy the monetary value we put on things.  But it's still in good fun. 

 
My Dad told of daddyest of dad jokes the other day: "I asked Soda if we were related, and he said sure, I'm your Pop." :P

Last Saturday I was driving by an Exxon gas station.  Right underneath the gas prices was a marquee, and on this sign advertised 16 oz Hot Chocolate.  Okay, I know I live where there's a lot of Latter-Day Saints... but Hot Chocolate! In July! It's been so hot lately, being summer and all, so drinking hot chocolate seems a little crazy.  Heh, though during one of Michael and Krista's first dates it was snowing, so they got ice-cream.  Crazier things have happened. :P  

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment